Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In the Dumps

I'm confused.

I know we can't trust our feelings 100% of the time.  I know that it's much better to run with what we "know" and not what we feel.  I like to think I'm not run by my emotions...and then this month hits.

I have NO idea what's gotten into me.

About 6 weeks ago I decided to go see a nutritionist to get some help with "my face" and some other minor annoyances.  I was so excited to get started and felt that for the most part I'm a healthy individual.
I was relieved to hear that I just needed some minor hormonal tweaks and that it'd all even out.  The acne seemed like a reasonable fix too and I was all in (for the most part) even after hearing encouragement to be Gluten & Dairy Free.  (Hey, I am when I am and not when I'm not...LOL)  It's a goal, right?!?  I'd hate to become perfect all at once!

Then this month hit and I have been so across the board and mostly down in the dumps it's not even funny.

I've been depressed before, I've started on that path of self-pity until I hit that last little rock and begin tumbling down in a spiral.  This time feels different.  I feel like I have no reason to be.  Everything is fine.  If I'm honest with myself, everything is great!  Well, mostly anyway.  Of course there's always room for improvement, but my husband and I are great; I am FINALLY doing what I've wanted with my life; etc!

I keep stopping to ask myself if I'm missing something, if there was something else I was supposed to do?

....

And that's what comes from it, nothing.

I'm hoping to pull out of this funk, cause I can assure you it's no fun.  I see a life out there for me.  I'm not sure if it's missed expectations, the "little" stress of bills/income/etc. or what.  I usually expect some form of looming junk around my birthday but this year was a bit different.  I don't think it was related at all.  I think, to some extent at least, I've come to terms with my birthday.  Don't even get me started there!

I did have a thought come to me this morning that I need to do something about.  I know and have heard it said that when a person starts to get this way they should do things for other people.  It's been a while since I've done an official missions project...I hoping that by connecting and doing that I'll be refocused.  And it'll be completely alright with me if it's not on myself!

1 comment:

  1. Could the recent diet change be detoxing your body? On your quest for more 'whole foods' diet have you tried homemade smoothies or juicing at home? Our bodies tend to absorb those nutrients in a higher % than just eating the foods since they have already been broken down.

    I will be praying for you!

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete