Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mmm Cookies!

See I didn't forget!  (just extremely delayed!!)

I had "let" myself do a couple fun projects prior to taking my big test so that I could keep some sanity and not blow all my time!

One such project I had come across in a magazine was Martha Stewart's recipe for some super yummy coconut caramel cookies with rock salt!  (see link in January's blog...the first or second one I believe)

I set myself up for success by attempting them when I had an event to go to in order to share with other people...no better place than the Super Bowl Party.  =D
A friend of mine had recently had a baby so I also swung by her house to drop a baggie of them off for her to enjoy because goodness knows how much you eat during recovery & nursing!

Here's a few pics of the finished product!


Mmm....seeing the pictures makes me want them again!

There are some slight changes I'd make the next go round...which I'm thinking would be PERFECT for some type of shower/ladies gathering!

1st, the recipe says to roll dough into 1 inch balls....people I literally had the ruler out and did just that but I would roll them smaller next time (for 2 reasons: first, it makes more cookies! and second, I had a ton of caramel left over, and felt guilty wasting it...so more cookies means more places to put the caramel topping)
My other goal in this step would also be to reduce the baking time and maybe keep all the coconut golden and not have any get the blackened look.

2nd, I would slightly reduce the amount of caramel...even with making additional cookies as mentioned above I don't think I'd be able to use it all.  The other option of course would be doubling the cookie dough part of it...then I'd keep the caramel the same....Mmmm  caramel!

The flaky salt was a fun thing to try.  It comes in a small box at the grocery store and was not cheap...so in order to utilize it...I'm just going to have to try these yummies again (and again).  darn the luck!  ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment