Saturday, February 4, 2012

Finnegan Begin AGAIN!!

Some of you are intrigued by the title, some of you are singing the lyrics in your head, and some of you didn't notice...LOL (I'm singing the song in my head!)

This week marked the last week of my self-imposed boot camp that I randomly decided to dive into after getting a groupon notification of the special!  COMPLETE!  Yea!!

Was it everything I had hoped and more?  No
Did it help in any way? Yes
Am I glad I did it? Yes
Would I do it again?  Funny you should ask....

Cue random second email from a completely different organization....another awesome deal for a 28 day day (4-week) program that meets inside Westwood gymnastics...another conveniently located location (drive time, etc). ("BEGIN AGAIN")    Is that all?  No
This time my hubby is doing it with me!!  muahahaha
Added bonus....we chose the 5:45AM time slot instead of the 5AM time slot...with my hopes being that I will feel like I get to "sleep in"!
Extra bonus is that it's actually offered 4 separate times in the morning and that (to my understanding) you're free to switch back and forth to what works for you that day or week.  SCORE!  My life/career being what it is, I may benefit tremendously from this flexibility.

I did lose weight with my first boot camp...not much but it was in the range of what they claimed you could expect.  More importantly it was a kick start to a good beginning this year.  On my own I added a double workout once a week (outside the class).  Typically on Saturday I'd do a double with some group exercise classes from the Y.  I'm not gonna lie, it's really intense doing them back to back, but I do not have the time to go once in the morning and then again later that day.  It usually works best when I hit a 7:30 class and stay for the 8:30...then I'm completely done by 9:30AM.  So, it doesn't take up my entire day and I still get the family time...(can prove to be a good or a bad thing).

The one drawback from our selected time slot is that we won't be up with Thomas & Taylor in the morning as they get off for junior high.  This month since I've been home by 6:10 or so, I've been able to "guide" them in the morning and make sure they actually make a lunch and eat breakfast...sometime they like to sleep until the last possible minute giving themselves only a brief pocket to actually change and get somewhat presentable before heading out the door.  Food therefore is an afterthought.  (I'm sure they later regret it, but not enough to actually change the habit/behavior for the next morning)  I'll just have to get more consistent with making sure they assemble at least part of their lunch the night before...which I had been off to a great start when they went back to school after the break, BUT let's just say when mom isn't doing the prompting no one else does either and then it doesn't get done.  UGH!

Anyway, I'm pretty excited (and a little nervous) for this second boot camp.  Their claims of weight loss/dress size are probably double what the first one was...so, I'm excited to find out if it's true and if I can actually get those results but I'm nervous because I've been working my tail off...so what in the world are they (we) going to do to get those results!?!!??!  AAaahhh!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your success and hoping you don't get killed in the process! ;) Just kidding! You are an inspiration and I am very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome... it'll be interesting with Hubby in it as well. I don't think I can get mine to commit to something like that.

    ReplyDelete